Here is the herald from the September 14-16, 2018 event!
We have some new players showing up so we just wanted to go over a couple important site rules here before people even arrive on site.
1) When driving on the drive way, please drive slowly and carefully, there are many animals on the farm and some of them roam free (especially the dogs) driving carefully means you have more control of the vehicle and don’t accidentally hit the farmer’s dogs, let’s not do that!
2) Cars must not drive on the grass. You can go on the driveway, you can drive as far as the edge of the gravel on the other side of the tavern, but you can not drive out to the cabins or tenting spaces.
3) When parking you must leave room for other vehicles to get through the driveway, not just cars but larger farm equipment. If you are unsure if you can park somewhere, find an older player and ask.
4) No large dogs are allowed on site (aside from the farmer’s dogs) If you want to bring your pup with you, it’s probably best to get in touch with Pam Scroggie, site coordinator, or our GM Hans Vierhuis and check first.
5) Cigarette smoking is allowed but only in the designated smoking section. This is a picnic table next to the parking lot that has a can for your butts. Please put the butts in the can. If the can knocks over and butts are spilled please pick them up.
EDITED TO ADD.
only cigarettes and their butts are to go in the can at the smoking section. DO NOT PUT PACKETS OR ANYTHING ELSE FLAMMABLE IN THERE!!!
A Veteran player was kind enough to make these Spell Memorization Sheets for Nero Canada!
If you are a spell caster it is expected that you have one of these, filled out, and on you at all times and are marking the spells off that you use as you go along (usually at the end of a mod). This was you can keep track of what you have in memory and don’t accidentally cast more spells than you have! Feel free to ask questions if you have them about how these work!
There is one for each school of magic
Good Morning Everyone!
This post is mostly for newer players to the game who may be needing some additional information before their first full event!
Our event schedule for the rest of the year is posted as part of this post!
Our website, where you can find a lot of resources for building a character and world history etc is:
For a full weekend event there are options for where you can stay. You are welcome to bring a tent and set it up on site for sleeping. If you want a bunk in a cabin please get in touch with Pam Scroggie as she is our site coordinator and works very hard to make sure we can accommodate people in bunks, please be mindful that we will do our best to get you a bunk if you need one, but they are limited.
A few tips on what to bring for a full weekend:
-bedding, whether you are in a tent or a bunk you need to bring all of your own bedding
-costuming/armour/weapon reps…stuff your PC needs to be in game
-clothing, you will want to bring lots of layers as the weather gets colder on us. Extra socks (we can’t stress this enough) and proper footwear are essential too
-toiletries… we have bathrooms on site that do have a shower, running water and flush-able toilets. We encourage people to have a shower if they feel they need one, but to keep it quick. The bathrooms are there for everyone to use
– there is a full “tavern” on site that serves breakfast and dinner each day as well as hot/cold drinks throughout the day and late night snack. However, some people bring extra snacks to eat between these meal times and some people choose to bring their own food. There is a fridge on site for players to use, we ask that you keep your food in proper containers and label them, remembering to take home all that you brought at the end of an event.
IF you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them. We are a community of players from a vast background and experience level and are really great about answering questions and helping each other out!
Looking forward to seeing all of you at future events!