For the upcoming event we are trying a slightly different approach to the weekend and we wanted to give everyone a heads up in advance to. Here are some highlights:
- The plot team for the weekend will be much more reactive than proactive. We will be looking for guidance from the players on what they want to do for a large portion of the event. There will be some structure around this and it should become evident very quickly when it happens. Do to the nature of this, I would not expect plot hooks that come to you to be as frequent as in previous events.
- All day Saturday will be treated as a single mod and a pot of treasure which will represent the bulk of the treasure for the day will be provided when the “all day” mod is over. There may be additional planned treasure on specific encounters but not necessarily on every encounter. This applies to encounters in-town as well.
- Most encounters are not scaled. If five people go to where there is an enemy army, they will fight an enemy army and will likely need to run or die. We expect that this event is a little harder and deadlier than most. Mods may or may not spill into town.
- There will be an increase in the number of search/steal active monsters and there is no guarantee that you will have a reasonable chance to get stolen goods back – this includes if your friends are stolen.
- There will be some very specific NPC props in the tavern. Please treat them with out-of-game respect as they are people’s personal property.
Because we are trying a new format we would definitely encourage everyone to fill out a survey at the end of the event and let us know what you think..